Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Little Artist


Ephram has been watching Charlie draw on his easel for months.  In the past month he has been watching more closely, and apparently preparing to join in.  One day he cruised over to the chalkboard, grabbed a piece of chalk, and just as I was preparing to pull it out of his hand before it was jammed into his mouth, he surprised me.  Instead he reached up and touched it to the chalkboard.  He knew exactly what to do.



No, he didn't draw the message on the board.  Charlie did that one.  I had to ask him what the top part meant, and when he told me my heart just about melted.  He had written "I Love Mommy."  Just put the "v" in the beginning instead of near the end.  Maybe Ephram was trying to copy the letters... maybe someday he'll feel inclined to write such a message too.

Now the chalkboard is one of Ephram's favorite places to visit.  Luckily he usually can't reach Charlie's drawings... or I think we might have a little sibling argument on our hands.




Yep, that's one of his first pictures.  A series of pink dots and a couple of lines.  Hey, for a nine month old, that's art!

No comments: