We have a tradition of giving our kids new holiday books as presents at the start of a holiday season. The first every year is Halloween. In the past we have done scavenger hunts, but with Ephram being only nine months old, I didn't think that would be very effective. So this year we gave the kids each a present that contained their book.
Charlie was beside himself with excitement when he saw something wrapped with his name on it. He was talking about what might be inside the whole time he opened it. Once the paper was gone, he was really excited to find T Rex Trick or Treats. We have checked this book out of our library two times in recent months, and renewed it each time before returning it. It combines his favorite things - costumes, silliness, and dinosaurs. Now he has a copy all his own.
As for Ephram, this was his first gift-opening experience. I figured we'd give him some practice because he has some major gift opening coming in the next couple of months. He had no idea what to do with it, but once I made the first rip in the paper he started to catch on. He got Where's Baby's Pumpkin by Karen Katz. We have a couple other of her lift-the-flap books that he really likes.
The boys both enjoyed their books this year and we have read them several times. I love this tradition that is slowly growing our holiday book library!







No comments:
Post a Comment