Friday, June 11, 2010

My Mother's Day

Mother's Day has really evolved for me over the last couple of years.  Two years ago we had just welcomed two foster children into our home.  Last year I shared it with the same two children and an unknown one growing inside of me.  This year was the best yet.  I got to spend it with the best husband ever, and my two biggest blessings ... my four year old adopted son and my miracle baby boy.

I was pretty tired on Mother's Day.  I don't remember exactly why, but I am sure it had something to do with Ephram and his enjoyment of frequent night wakenings.  Andy took care of the boys in the morning and let me sleep in.  Then, when I was ready to get up, he gave me a bag of Frost donuts to chose from.  Yum.

We relaxed and enjoyed each other's company, and then headed out to our local park in the early afternoon.  Charlie had a lot of fun playing on the playground.  Ephram slept in his stroller and I sat back and watched.  I really enjoy watching how Charlie surveys the playground and chooses his course.  This was the first day he'd attempted the rope climb this year.

After Charlie tired of the playground, we headed down the hill to the little amphitheater.  Charlie put on a show for me.  It was pretty cute.  Then we took advantage of the shaded area to try to take a few pictures.  It was pretty windy - and Ephram always makes funny faces in the wind.  But I think some of the pictures turned out pretty cute!

Near the amphitheater, a fallen tree had been segmented into short stumps.  Andy and Charlie had fun hopping from log to log... well, Charlie had fun trying.

Later that night the boys gave me a couple of gifts.  The new Wii Fit Plus ... which I have been enjoying... and a coupon book that Andy and Charlie had made together.  These coupons will come in handy!  Charlie also made me a cute flower pot at preschool.  He was very excited to give it to me.

Every Mother's Day keeps getting better.  I enjoy the day to reflect on my luck.  I can't wait for next year.  :)

No comments: