Saturday, June 26, 2010

Charlie is Four and a Half


Earlier this month Charlie turned four and a half.  He tells me every day that he is going to be five "tomorrow".  He is in such a hurry to grow up!  To celebrate his half birthday we made snickerdoodles and played his favorite game, a card game called "Snap".

Charlie has grown so much in the past year - emotionally and physically.  Last June he was wearing size 2T.  He has just recently graduated into size 5 clothing.  Yes, we've bought too many clothes in the past year!  He is also out of toddler shoes and onto big kid shoes.  I guess he really is growing up.

He loves, loves, loves Toy Story still.  I am so glad that Toy Story 3 came out because it is now easy to find the toys that he is requesting.  He also enjoys Cars and Handy Manny.  Oh, and Bob the Builder.

His favorite toys now are his bike, his "computer" and his collection of Read Along books.  He continues to love music, dancing and hanging out with his dad.  Charlie just finished his first year of preschool and has another year of preschool starting in September.

Here are some things I love about Charlie:
1) He always is ready with some joke or funny face to make anyone in the family laugh.
2) He makes up really funny songs.  Often with nonsense words.
3) He is on a Spanish-speaking kick now.  If he says "gracias" to me, and I say "you're welcome", he will prompt me to say "de nada" instead.
4) He always wants to help.  Just tonight I found him upstairs pouring water on his bathroom counter to "clean" it.  His intentions are always good!
5) He clearly loves his pets.  They don't always appreciate his form of adoration, but he's still learning.
6) He has one of the kindest hearts I have ever known a kid to have.
7) He loves to play make believe, and will hold up his pretend world for a whole day if he feels like it.
8) He comes up with quirky nicknames for himself, like "Chachi".
9) He can carry on a conversation with anyone, often better than his mom can.
10) His smile is infectious.

No comments: