Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Charlie!

Today Charlie is 4 years old. He has been looking forward to turning 4 for the past several months, announcing to everyone that he is "3, but almost 4 on December 9th." His requests for today were pretty simple... he needs a new Lightening McQueen, a cake with cars on it and a Mickey Mouse balloon. Whenever we asked him what else he wanted, he kept saying, "I get only one present for my birthday." (He has more than one waiting for him.) If we showed him something to see if he had interest his answer was, "I don't have that one." Silly boy!

Birthdays always make me think about what has happened in the past year. Charlie has been with us now for 20 months. When he came here he was a barely-verbal 2 year old, super-shy, but always very sweet and cute. Since he turned 3, he has sprouted, is no longer shy, and definitely (loudly) verbal.

We are so lucky to have this little boy in our house, and I can't wait to see what the next year brings!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday! How's the adoption process going? I can't wait untill you can post pictures on your blog? I'm wanting to see the pirate robot. :)

The Kovar Family said...

The adoption process is okay. We are still in a holding pattern while we wait for the social workers to provide information. We were really hoping to have it done before the baby came, but it doesn't look like that will happen now. :( It can't take too much longer!!!