Monday, December 7, 2009

Andy's Pirate Treasure

There's been a lot of moving, cleaning and rearranging in our house for the past month as we make more room for Little Bit. One of the rooms that has been rearranged is our bedroom. As part of the changes, Andy decided to clean out his bedside table.

Andy has always been a change collector. He comes home and empties out his pockets. For some time now, he has been doing this into the drawer of his bedside table. I figured he had a little bit of money in there, but when he showed Charlie and I enough to nearly fill up a popcorn tin, we couldn't help but explore further.

First, we were just going to look at the quarters. Here you go... Want to venture a guess at how much money in quarters we had?


We sorted them into dollar piles. Why not? It was a good opportunity to work with Charlie on stacking, sorting and repetitive counting. Plus, I used to be an accounting student and every now and then I really like monotonous tasks, especially if they involve money.


Yep that was a lot of quarters... no wonder that table was too heavy for me to move!

But it didn't stop there. He also had enough dimes, nickles and pennies in his collection. We couldn't help but finish counting the rest!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And the total was?

AMB said...

yes! tell us how much was in there! Were those quarters in piles of dollars? If so, those alone must have been around $200! I was too lazy to really count them. How fun!

The Kovar Family said...

So, in total there was $181.25 in quarters alone. And with everything else, it added up just shy of $300... it was our Christmas bonus this year. :)