
Since I just blogged about recent activity, I figure... why not take a step back over six months ago? Since I've been pregnant, I have never finished posting about our spring activities. And I don't want to forget them!
You may, or may not, remember that we took a trip to the Oregon coast for Spring Break this past year. We spent a day in Newport, which is a cool town with a harbor and a couple of lighthouses. They also have this awesome, FREE place called the Hatfield Marine Science Center. Lynnae loves science, and with the price, this was one of our main destinations. It was basically an aquarium/museum with some really neat exhibits, sponsored by the college. Charlie and Lynnae both had a great time. They got to learn a lot about fish and food chains. I think their favorite parts were listening to the whales on the phones and playing with the tide pool exhibits – which they also enjoy at the Seattle Aquarium.
Andy and I had a lot of fun watching an exhibit about chaos theory, which was driven by a water wheel. I spent at least thirty minutes watching how the water filled up and waiting to see how long it would be until the wheel started spinning and loosing it’s contents. Charlie was running around playing with the exhibit while I was doing this. :) We spent several hours at the center and supported them by making a little purchase at their bookstore on the way out.
Next time we go back to the Oregon coast, which will hopefully not be long away, we will definitely stop here again!
No comments:
Post a Comment