A week before we left for California we were shopping at Joann’s. Lo and behold, their fleece blanket kits were 60% off. Lynnae had begged me for these things on at least 3 previous occasions. I kept telling her that they were a bit pricey but that if they ever went on a really good sale we could get them. $8 seemed pretty good to me. So Lynnae picked one out and Charlie picked one out. (Surprise, surprise... Lynnae picked monkeys and Charlie picked Buzz.)
The next day Lynnae watched me cut the strips on her blanket... And she cut about 5 of them herself. I handed her one of the little squares while I was cutting and she made a little doll blanket with it to practice. Then, once it was time to tie, she did about 1/3 of the knots herself. She is very proud of her blanket, and it was very good bonding time for us. I made Charlie’s the next day and he was really happy to see it in the morning.
I told both of the kids that these were their special travel blankets. Since we were moving around so much on our trip... First staying with my parents, then one hotel, then another hotel, then back to the first hotel and finally back with my parents... I wanted them to have something constant and snuggly from place to place. It worked well and the kids love these blankets!
No comments:
Post a Comment