During December we were working on a different number every day. Once we got the chalkboard going, on the 11th, I drew a big 11 on his chalkboard. Within 2 minutes, he was drawing 11’s too. But that number’s pretty easy. What surprised me was when he picked up on 12 the next day and 13th the day after that. 14 proved elusive, but he also managed to write 15. And not once, but over and over again. He also starting drawing T’s, J’s, F’s, and C’s. I was in awe. He started drawing them on paper too!
Then Lynnae drew a smiley face on the chalkboard one day. And what did Charlie do? Pick it up and duplicate it. His smiley was a little awkward looking... Okay, very awkward looking. But then later that night he drew an entire face. And then he told me that he had drawn Charlie Brown for me. He was drawing Charlie Brown’s during our entire vacation. (I think that it is funny that his Charlie Brown is literally a blockhead.)
This might not seem like huge news for some, but this is a kid that a month ago struggled with the whole concept of why we would draw things. I am so happy with the investment in the easel! He has also painted some pretty cute things!
1 comment:
That's great! That's pretty advanced stuff for his age too. Go Charlie! Maybe I'll have to get mine out too for Aftyn.
Post a Comment