When Lynnae first moved here we knew that one of her favorite previous activities was Girl Scouts. We also knew that she hadn't been in a troop for a year, but I didn't really think it would be an issue to get her into a troop around us. I was surprised when I received a response from our local council that there was a waiting list for her age group and no available troops. I figured we would go on the waiting list and a troop would come up.
Well, this summer we went to an Aquasox game and the Girl Scouts had a booth there... I told them that I would be willing to lead a troop if one wasn't available. Within a month I was preparing to do just that. I found out the waiting list was huge, and my coleader and I now lead 15 1st - 3rd graders from 3 local schools in our start-up troop. It has been fun, but also a lot of paperwork!
Me being me, and my coleader being similar, we haven't doled out responsibilities to the other parents. We're a little cautious about making sure everything is done right. So, when we found out cookie sales were coming up, of course we decided that we would handle the Cookie Mom responsibility. We received our training on Tuesday, a few days before the pre-sale started, and now I am just waiting for this pre-sale period to end so that we get to start calculating our boxes, ordering, receiving, sorting, and collecting money.
Lynnae is so excited to sell cookies. She has her heart set on winning a prize. It is fun to see her working on this, and talking with each sale about how much closer she is to her goal. However, I know in the back of my mind, with each box she sells... the other 14 are selling too... and that will mean more ordering, sorting and collecting for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment