Macie had a couple of hard weeks in January, largely due to her nursing strike... which was itself brought on in part by teething and the flu. (Macie's flu was much lighter than the rest of ours, thank goodness.) I still need to record the story of her strike... before I forget it. Maybe soon I will.
Anyway, we saw a lot of something that we rarely see in January.
It was pretty difficult for the two of us. We no longer had nursing to comfort her and help soothe her tears. (I missed the comfort it brought me, too.)
We needed to learn a new way to cope. But we didn't happen upon one quickly at all.
In fact, Macie was pretty done with her mommy for a little bit. I will never know if there was a single trigger to cause her protest against breastfeeding or if it was the multiple factors I've identified, but regardless, she did hold it against me.
It probably didn't help that I was taking pictures of her while she cried so pathetically instead of helping her. But, in my defense, my attempts to help her were major fails.
Thank goodness for...
Her best friend. He could cheer her up any time. And soon we had...
Happy baby again.
And this cycle continued for about two very long and emotional weeks.





No comments:
Post a Comment