I think he took a class when he first started college and this was the textbook.
(But I don't know why I think that is true, so it might just be fabricated.)
Throughout our courtship and marriage, Andy has gone through periods of interest in this book.
I chalk it up to his love of tinkering.
And I do love being married to a man that can figure out how to fix anything.
Well, Andy recently went through another stint of interest in electronics.
But this time he had a companion.
My little, tiny, precocious, curious Remy saw what Daddy was reading one day.
And Daddy, ever excited to teach his charges about tinkering, let Remy explore the book with him.
Somehow, this three year old actually picked up some of the bigger ideas.
When I discovered them that first evening, I asked what they were doing.
I got a full lecture from Remy about everything he knew.
Mostly he loved to show us that he knew the difference between words, equations and graphs.
(And he loved pulling out his calculator every time they came to the equations.)
This was not just a one night activity.
For at least a month, this textbook was my three year old's very favorite book.
He read it every day.
Our babysitter was confused the day he brought it to her and asked her to read it to him.
But she obliged and we had a good laugh about it later.
And even now, two months later, he still remembers the book.
When he noticed a burnt-out bulb in our kitchen one day,
He pulled a chair to our bookshelf at the section that holds this book,
Slid the book out ever so carefully,
And came running to me talking up a storm and pointing from the book to the bulb.
This Remy, he loves his Daddy.
And he's definitely Kovar through-and-through.








No comments:
Post a Comment