We had a lot of fun during October this year! We didn’t just make paper and nature crafts, we also did a couple of food crafts.
Near the beginning of the month we made caramel apples. I decided to do it the long way and bought a bag of caramel, (instead of the wraps.) We had a lot of fun unwrapping all of the caramel... It was a race between Andy and Lynnae, Andy won. Cooking the caramel was another matter. I did not realize how messy it would be and how difficult it would be to clean it up! So, I hope the kids enjoyed caramel apples this year because we will probably not be making them this way again... From now on it is the caramel wraps for us!
Then during Halloween week we made sugar cookies in the shapes of a pumpkin, witch, ghost, witches hat, haunted house, and cat. Charlie and Lynnae each got to decide which cookies they wanted to cut and push them into the rolled dough. (I am saving the rolling out of the dough for Christmas... I thought we would just start with letting them cut it!) They both did really good. When we frosted them we made purple, orange and white frosting. We also used candy corn and gummy worms to decorate them. I was actually very surprised at how good Charlie did on this... All of his cookies were very symmetrical. Lynnae also did a good job, although we have more work to do in learning how to spread the frosting!



1 comment:
Looks like you guys had lots of fun in October!
Post a Comment