A few days into our California trip, Ephram decided to develop a brand new skill... the army crawl. He's been creeping and scooting for months, but mostly on his back. Then, during our second visit to Grandpa Kovar's he started doing his little army crawl. At first he would only move a few inches at a time and then roll over in exhaustion. Within a few days, he could move across a room. By the time we got home, he could move quickly enough that I had to run over to pull him away from things. About a week after we got home, he started getting up on his hands and knees. A month later, Ephram still prefers moving by army crawl. We have seen him get up on all fours and wobble forward, but he definitely can go faster if he gets down on his belly. In fact, he has surprised me several times by grabbing at my foot when I wasn't expecting him to be anywhere close. It is so fun to see him moving around, and I love that I can now tell what he enjoys by paying attention to what he zooms toward!
This was the way he moved around since he was about four months old... and how he was moving the first time we went over to Grandpa Kovar's.
The next day he spent hours like this, but not moving yet.
Two days later he would go a couple of feet to get to a toy or a person he wanted to play with! Andy and I sat across from eachother and kept turning him around so that he could crawl back and forth.
I thought this would be a good occassion to pull out the video. Of course, once I did Ephram was not too interested in crawling. So instead you get to wtch an assortment of many ways that Ephram moved during his sixth month!




No comments:
Post a Comment