Monday, November 30, 2009

Charlie's Movin' on Up

As I was going through these pictures I had the theme song of The Jeffersons playing in my head. Random, but I figure it makes a good title for this event!

In the beginning of October we moved Charlie into a “Big Boy Bedroom”. We wanted to make sure that he had a couple of months to get used to it before a little one started to take over his old bedroom. (Nursery pictures should be ready in a week or so... If I catch up!) He was so unbelievably excited to get to move into the big boy room. He could hardly contain his squeals. He gets “big boy” bunk beds as well. The bottom bunk lays so low to the ground that it is probably safer than his old toddler bed. :)

We put up a new toy – a wall aquadoodle – to help him be excited about the room. It worked! He loves Toy Story, so we always talk about the toys that belong in “Charlie’s Room”. So he was very excited to see a big “Charlie’s Room” sign when he walked in. He immediately wrote his name again himself, above where Andy had done it. The aquadoodle also has little examples/instructions for how to draw various things, so Andy and he were working on that for awhile. He was so excited about the whole thing that we only spent about 45 minutes with him before he crashed and went to sleep.

I think what he loves most about his new room is all of the space he has. It is intended to be a double bedroom, so there is about twice as much floor space as he used to have. He can really spread out ALL of his train tracks in there. (He runs them under his bed, through the airport, and literally everywhere.) Luckily, he remains very good at picking up!



No comments: