Sunday, May 10, 2009

One Beautiful Day in the Snow

It has happened again. I am a bit behind in my pictures. I’ve actually been quite busy focusing on some other things, and editing photos has gotten away from me. But I figured Mother’s Day was a great time to sit down and look at some photos... From 2 months ago.

This winter we had a lot of snow. Luckily, we missed the brunt of the bad weather when we were down in California for Christmas. Instead, we got just the nice little snowstorms for the kids to play in. We did have one bout of snow that ended up turning to ice, and stuck to our porch for about 6 days. (Our porch is in the shade, and no matter what we do it is an ice-hazard.) So Lynnae and I became adept at slip-sliding our way down the path every morning before school.

One Friday it snowed a couple of inches and then stopped... And the sun came out. I figured it was perfect snow-play weather. So we dropped what we were in the middle of and headed out for an hour or two. Boone came outside with us as well. Charlie and Lynnae had a blast. We love the fact that we have our big backyard with our own fresh snow that isn’t touched by other kids. We had snowball fights, made snow angels, played with making tracks. Lynnae even built a mama and a baby snowman... Pretty much all by herself! The kids also had fun playing with Boone... Lynnae was aiming snowballs at him that he would promptly swallow. Charlie was running all over the yard while Boone gave chase. I finally brought them in with both of their noses were bright red. We had hot chocolate with marshmallows and watched the Polar Express. Even though Christmas was past, something about the snow made us all want to watch it! It was a great day, and I got some great pictures. (At least I think so!)





No comments: