Sunday, March 9, 2008

A New Goal (Old Site)

I have a goal. Well, I have many goals really... but where my blog is concerned, I have one new goal. That is to find a way to update everyone on what has happened in the two and a half months since my last entry.

I know it has been a long spell, and many of you have asked me when I am going to blog again! We have been in a bit of a whirlwind since returning from our Christmas vacation. I have been working on uploading pictures and going through them, meanwhile more things keep happening! So, I have finally decided - enough already, I will do what I can to update this page.

So, let’s start with Christmas. For Christmas this year Andy and I took a trip down to visit our families in California. We spent a full 10 days there. All of my siblings were able to come home, with all of their kids in tow. Andy’s brother was able to come visit his dad as well... so we had a lot of opportunity to visit.

Here’s where the twist comes in... On Christmas Eve I suddenly did not feel well. On Christmas day I struggled through the early morning present unwrapping, and then went back to the hotel and straight to bed. I was running a decent fever, and couldn’t make the drive to my grandparents in San Diego. Poor Andy stayed with me all day... although I think he did eventually make it to his dad’s house. I was sick and in bed for three straight days, days that are very foggy to me! But... although I was not feeling well during the entire trip, we still managed to have fun. Andy definitely did a lot more visiting with family than I was able to! The colds and other viruses that went around this year were horrible. That cold took me three miserable weeks to kick.

One good thing about spending all of the time in bed is that I read some really good books over the holidays. I read A Thousand Splendid Suns, which I enjoyed 1000 times more than the Kite Runner. I also read the Christmas Shoes and the Autobiography of Santa Claus. Then I started a book that my sister, Liel, said she had heard was good... World War Z. I finished that one after returning home, and it was pretty good. Out of them all, my favorite was definitely a Thousand Splendid Suns. It was a big reading vacation for me!

While we were home we also had a birthday party for my niece Quinlan, went shopping (more than once,) and went to Castle Park... which is a pretty neat miniature golf course by my parent’s house. Yes, I have made it through my pictures... and I have posted some of them up on the Christmas 2007 page!

We all rang in 2008 together. Unfortunately, my family had other bugs going around too... and my brother ended up going to the emergency room for dehydration. By New Year’s Day, I think 3 more people were sick... but they all caught what my sister started, so I do not take the blame for that! Andy and I made it home in one piece, and jumped right back into work the next day.

So, at least that is something of an update, right? Stay tuned for my stories on my birthday and our trip to Midway, Utah for the Sundance festival and skiing... and eventually an update on Boone, my weight loss journey, and the adoption progress!

No comments: