Christmas is literally just around the corner, and I am amazed at how quickly the holiday season has gone! Just a few weeks ago I was thanking the calendar for the extra time between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year... and now it seems as though the time has gone faster than normal. No matter how many days we have to prepare, it is always a last minute scramble to get gifts in order, make cookies and fudge, visit everyone, attend the parties, and put out the cards. (You’ll all be lucky if my cards actually make it out for Christmas this year, I might target ‘New Years’ cards instead!) I don’t think it helped matters that Andy and I both were sick during the month. I’ve been the lucky recipient of three viruses since Thanksgiving. Personally, I hope I am done for the year!
This should be the final blog for 2007 for me... I will see you all again in 2008. Andy and I have already set our New Years resolutions to do some work on the house. We’re expecting to meet our future child at some point during the year, and know that will turn our lives upside down. (Boone doesn’t know it yet - that should be a fun surprise for him!) Still no news on that front, but we are just so happy that we were able to complete all the paperwork, take all the training courses, and enter our chosen program this year.
Whether our holiday card reaches you before Christmas or after, I want you all to know that we are thinking of you during this holiday season. We hope that you take the time to stop, enjoy the lights, the music, and spend the time with your families. We’re wishing you the best of years in 2008!
No comments:
Post a Comment