Sunday, December 2, 2007

First (and Second) Snow of the Year! (Old Site)

Some of you know, (which means that some of you don’t,) that Andy and I were raised in Southern California. As Southern Californians, we only saw snow when we made the conscious choice to drive to see it - usually for a day or two - and then we drove back down to the warm valley that was, and is, Riverside. I lived in Utah for a couple of years when I was going to college, but as I didn’t have a car I didn’t have to learn how to drive in the snow. When Andy and I were trying to decide where we wanted to live, snow played a big part in the decision. My criteria were simple - if we were moving it had to be to a place that was not humid, not too hot and did not see a lot of snow. That left us with Northern California (too expensive) or Seattle. So we picked up and moved to the Puget Sound region. We are entering our 10th winter here, and every year we seem to have more snow, and it seems to start sooner. This year and last, the snow started the week of Thanksgiving!

Our first snow was this past Monday, it barely stuck and was gone by morning. Then our second snow was on Saturday, it accumulated a few inches, but luckily rain came today and it’s now nearly gone. We do really enjoy the way snow looks, and last year we really got used to driving in it. That doesn’t mean we like driving in it though!

Boone got to see snow for the first time this week, and he loves it! He was having fun playing in it and seemed to enjoy eating it as well. He kept asking us to go outside yesterday, it was pretty cute. Speaking of Boone, he is really turning into an awesome dog! He knows most of his commands very well, and will follow them either from speech or hand signal. He’s good at sticking with us instead of wandering when we’re outside... and he has turned into a cuddler.

We are doing well, and enjoying the start of the holiday season. We spent Thanksgiving with our friends Carleigh, Joe and their family... it was a lot of fun, but I neglected my camera so I have no pictures to show for it! I’ve been listening to Christmas music on the radio and we decorated the office. Soon I will have to decorate the house... And hopefully I will take pictures of that.

There hasn’t been much change for us in the past two weeks... we’ve just been enjoying our time together and getting ready for a fun Christmas. We’re doing well on the adoption front, and are at a period of waiting. As there is more news on that, I will let everyone know. I’ve updated Boone’s picture album with his six-month picture, and I’ve also put a couple below in case you don’t go visit the whole album!

No comments: