I have to pause from my blogging for a moment to promote my brilliant nephews. If you are my Facebook friend, you have probably already seen my posts about this, so you can move along... but many of my blog visitors aren't on Facebook, so I am posting for their benefit.
One of my nephews has an allergy to peanuts, which you may know is one of the most scary allergies... because the reactions can be so severe. Evin has always had an epipen that he is supposed to take everywhere with him in case a reaction occurs. If you have experience with them, you know how difficult it can be to remember and store them. Evin and his brother, my other nephew Braxton, are part of a robotics team that devised a new solution for their robotics project this year. Their solution is the Epi-Watch, and I think it's a really good idea. They won their local competition, and received a big award at their state competition this year. The judges must have agreed. Now they have applied for a patent and are part of a competition to win money to develop their idea.
They've also been on the news in Arizona a couple of times. Here is a link to the news story that ran this week. http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_southeast_valley/mesa/the-'lug-nuts'-invent-the-epi-watch,-which-aims-to-be-more-convenient-than-the-epipen
I also have added their blog to my blog roll on the right side of this page.
Finally, please vote for their team in the competition - The Global Innovation Award. The link to vote is here: http://fllinnovationaward.firstlegoleague.org/teams/lugnuts/submission/epi-watch. You can vote once per day per IP address. I think the competition ends in another week or two.
Thank you for supporting my nephews!
No comments:
Post a Comment