Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Little Book Worm

When I was younger I loved books.  I would read and read and read.  I would have stacks of books at the end of my bed and challenge myself to get through all of them in a night.  I remember staying up all night just so I could keep reading.  In grade school I won contest after contest for reading the most books.  And yes, I love books still...

So I am really happy that Ephram seems to love books too.  From the first book we gave him, he has been fascinated.  He has always been up for a read, and once he could move around and choose his own toys at will, books were often his first choice.

It is not rare to find Ephram among a pile of books like this.

He loves to read his books two, three or even four at a time.  He also loves to slide them into his mouth as he's turning the pages.

When he's not trying to eat them, he can be very gentle with them.  I love to watch him pick a book up, look at it with excitement and then carefully crack it open.

Sometimes he moves them around all over the house.  He eventually will stop, put it on the floor and open it up.  He gets so excited by the pictures, and will start babbling and pointing things out for me.  He is an excellent page turner when I am reading to him too.  It is so much fun to see him genuinely interested in something that I love too!


1 comment:

Daja said...

Dustin really likes Ephram's monkey book.