Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Morning 2009

While Charlie was busy being overwhelmed by everything Santa had brought him, Andy and I sat down and started to eat our breakfast. I had bought donuts and english muffins, but we stuck to the donuts! I put one out for Charlie too, but in all of his excitement, he only had about two bites. That was a first!

It was probably an hour later that he was finally looking a little less overwhelmed and we decided to open presents. He was very, very excited! He got a lot of really neat gifts, and we are still doling them out slowly to him. I think his favorites are a tape measure, (simplest gift ever but Andy got one too,) the dinosaur from Toy Story, and a camera that we are still learning how to use. At one point, Andy put a bow on top of his head... Charlie thought it was hilarious. I thought it was hilarious when Charlie decided to put a bow on Andy’s head while he was opening!

Andy and I also got some things that we were really excited about. Andy got a new multitool from his dad and another RC truck... I think he has moved away from the helicopters and on to the trucks. :) We both got a lot of DVD’s and Blu Ray’s to watch, which is good timing with the fact that we will be home for awhile! We are most excited about watching the Star Trek movie and the old V miniseries. I got a scrapbook from my mom with all of the pages pre-made... I am very excited about that... And a new camera. We were looking at getting a camcorder with the arrival of Little Bit, but were not impressed with what was out there. We found out that the newer version of my old camera also takes HD video and is quite an improvement on the photos too... So we decided to upgrade that instead. I am very pleased with that decision, and only wish that I’d had more time to play with it before the baby arrives. Don’t mind Andy and my appearance in these photos too much... We both were in the worst stages of our cold, so we look a little interesting!

We also received several gifts for Little Bit. My grandma gave us a baby book – I did not have one yet, so I was very excited! And then we received some cute outfits and a little teddy bear. Charlie had fun opening them with me. So far we haven’t seen much jealousy... It probably helps that he has just had a birthday and a successful Christmas, so he is getting plenty for himself as well. :)

We had a very relaxing and enjoyable Christmas. We hope that you all enjoyed your Christmases as well!



No comments: