Saturday, July 18, 2009

Things That Keep Me Awake At Night

First, an explanation... My littlest sister, Liel, is perhaps one of the most funny people that I know. Her humor was cultivated perfectly in my family's ironic and witty style. Her blog, Life: Listed, is my favorite one to visit. All it consists of is lists - one list after another, all of them make me laugh. I think it is quite possible that people who do not know Liel might find the lists slightly odd, because her humor is so subtle that it can be overlooked. Anyway, I have decided to create a list of my own in Liel's honor. I'm not necessarily going for humor in mine, because I can't really touch her style. :)

Things That Keep Me Awake At Night
aka: Why I Am Consistently Sleep Deprived
  • I was born this way... I have never been able to sleep. Ask my mom. Or my grandma. It has only worsened with pregnancy. (And makes me hope, hope, hope that my baby doesn't inherit this lovely trait from me.)
  • The need to go to the bathroom.
  • Concern about Andy's sleep, which has definitely been affected by my tossing and turning.
  • My medicine, which makes me sleep all day but restless at night.
  • Unfounded worrying about my health or the baby's health.
  • Founded worrying about my health or the baby's health.
  • Hunger pangs.
  • Eating sugar in response to hunger pangs. (Why is it that popcorn WITH skittles sounds like a great idea at 3 in the morning? I know I should just have a piece of toast or something!)
  • Odd dreams that make me think I could write a new Twilight Zone series.
  • My cat, who now just HAS to sleep right next to me every night. (Which is fine unless he is kneading me, pouncing on me, or taking over MY sleeping space.)
  • Andy's alarm clock. (Do we really need it to go off for a full hour before he wants to wake up?)
  • Feeling like I'm freezing.
  • Feeling like I'm burning hot.
  • As of the last two nights - round ligament pain.
  • Heartburn or just indigestion in general.
  • When there is actually something interesting on at 4am in the morning, like Bringing Baby Home.
  • Reading blogs, mostly of people that I don't really even know... but somehow find incredibly interesting between the hours of 2am and 4am.
  • Getting lost on the computer in lists of baby names or articles about being pregnant.
  • Thinking too hard about how tired I am.

1 comment:

Hannah Ashmore said...

when i cant sleep i just sneak some benadryl. works like a charm! since youre preggo and all, that wouldnt quite work for you.