Okay, here is my update on the last 3 weeks...
They've been really hard! At the end of Week 4 I quit my bp medicine, on doctor's advice of course. 4 days after I quit, my blood pressure spiked. Really high. And my sodium levels, water and stress level had been relatively in control that day. The conclusion? My blood pressure issue is most likely genetic (which we already knew - but didn't know if I could affect it with diet/exercise.) So back on the meds I went, that night. It was actually my first experience calling the on-call doctor after-hours (on advice from the nurses line when I told them about my fluctuation during the day from 105/60 to 150/95.) Oh well! Pooh-pooh for me, my body did not at all like the yo-yo from being on the medicine, off again, and back on. The two week period that I went through this was awful. Bloating, headaches, dizzyness, ugh! Honestly, I didn't really care about what or how I was eating. Although I did still track it - and I stayed within the boundaries I'd established (barely).
So in Week 5 I gained 1 pound. I was miffed. Okay, so I know that it is normal to go up and down. But I still really didn't like it.
In Week 6 I was starving. No matter what I ate, it wasn't enough. I still tracked everything that went into my mouth. I just didn't stay within the parameters I have been. At all. I ate fast food 3 times. I ate brownies almost every day. Some days I had a brownie, ice cream and candy. I just could not satisfy my sweet tooth or my hunger. I was shaky-hungry, even though I was consuming upwards of 1800 calories a day. I also cut back on my walking because I just didn't feel like it. I walked 4 out of the 7 days still, but I walked more slowly. I did start swimming. Magically, despite my horrible habits, I dropped 2.8 pounds! So I have decided that my body must have been in one of it's metabolic-problem stages... for me to pack on the food like I did, exercise less, and lose that much weight in one week? Confusing!
So last week, I tried to be in the middle. I was much more vigilent about what I was eating. I tried to stay within the boundaries a little better. I made sure to take my daily walk. Charlie can walk 2 miles easily along side me now - pretty good for a 3 year old! And Lynnae is usually sick of waiting for me to catch up - two months ago it was the other way around. We also got EA Active for the Wii last week and I am loving it ... daily workouts consisting of aerobic activity, and much more lower and upper body work than I am used to. Yet, I gained .8 pounds back in Week 7. I guess it's okay considering that still puts me down 1 pound from where I was in Week 4.
1 pound loss in 3 weeks is a bit frustrating - but considering the obvious weirdness that my body is going through, I will take it. I am down 78 pounds from where I started in October 2007. All I really want is a solid 5 more pounds. If it takes 15 weeks, I guess that's what it takes!
No comments:
Post a Comment