Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lynnae's First Dance Recital

Lynnae was so excited to start ballet this year. Her studio does winter performances for some of the junior classes, and this year her class was one of those scheduled to perform in the community. So last Saturday we got her dressed and ready to be at a local community church by 11:45 for their “Snow Day” performance.

Lynnae’s class was toward the end. I had a feeling that this would be interesting, because they had just learned the rest of their dance two days earlier. It was very... Interesting... And cute. Lynnae spent most of the time watching the other girls, who were also watching each other, to see what move they were supposed to do. All in all, I did think it was better than several other of the class performances. Perhaps I am biased? Andy took a video on his cell phone, so if I ever get that, I will send it out!

Lynnae was so nervous before the performance. I have never seen her have nerves quite so strong. She was going from being really, really hyper to being white as a ghost and very timid. She sat still, without moving an inch, for a good 15 minutes when the performances first started. Then, when her class was just two away and they moved “on deck”, she was bouncing all over the place. Andy and I, of course, told her how proud we were of her. And Candice was able to make the performance too. Lynnae had sent her a video message a few days earlier begging her to come. I think that the big step for Lynnae was that she was able to get up in front of a lot of people and perform something she worked on. (I also think she might now understand how important it is to pay attention and practice a little more!) This was just a mini-performance... The big recital will be in June!

No comments: