So, somehow we three toddler cousins found ourselves in Great Grandma Hayman’s backyard. And Uncle Russ said the magic words.
You know the three phrases right?
On your marks
Get set
Go!
And I, the newest of these cousins all born within 2 months of each other, didn’t quite wait for “Go!” before I started running.
It felt so good to run outside! It was a little cold, but I picked my feet up as high as I could and moved as fast as I could until I reached the pole. And then I turned around to run back to Uncle Russ, and saw that Quinlan and Brinly were both behind me.
Silly girls, they must have waited to hear the word, “Go!”
I ran and ran and ran, and although I felt the girls gaining ground, I still tagged Uncle Russ first.
Then I noticed Brinly wandering off in the other direction.
Another race? The thought crossed my mind, so I ran after her.
Then I saw her pick up the hose. Too late. She aimed it at me, squeezed the trigger, and....
Nothing. Good thing toddlers aren’t strong enough to turn that spigot!
I really liked my race. Especially because I won. I hope we can do it again soon.
(Sorry, all the other pics had Charlie in them, so I can't post them yet!)
No comments:
Post a Comment