Friday, October 17, 2008

One Year and Fifty Gone

One year ago this week, my friend Candice and I walked into a Weight Watchers meeting and enrolled. It was not the first time I had done this. In fact it was the fourth. On three previous occasions I had resolved to lose weight... once by myself, and twice with other friends. I had always done really good at first... and then lost momentum after a few months.

This time I had decided that it would be different. I was actually starting to worry about my health, and I decided that I needed to just believe that I was going to do it. So I made a secret goal to lose 50 pounds over the course of a year. Despite my resolve to believe in myself, I actually was not sure that this would happen. After all, I had already attempted it three times!

So I did really well at first, even though we were just going into the holiday season when we started. And then I had a health scare in February. After that, I really got serious. Then the kids came in April... but I still did not let myself comfort eat into an oblivion.

This summer Candice found out she was pregnant, (congratulations again Candice!) And I decided to spend my money on other things then Weight Watchers, and go it alone. I took 3 months off while Lynnae was out of school and didn't try to lose any weight... but I successfully maintained what I had lost. In August I started losing weight again... and it took me a full four weeks to lose my last pound, but I did it! (And a few more dropped as well.) Today I am 53 pounds lighter than I was this week last year. I can hardly believe it.

I had to share before and after pictures, so here you go. Unfortunately, I don't have very many pictures of just me, so the before picture is actually almost 3 years old... but I weighed about the same in it as I did a year ago. Here's to 25 more pounds in the next year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look good! Your hair has gotten long too.

AMB said...

Oh my goodness! You are a fox! I noticed that your before photo is in front of H&H bagels. Tasty!

Desiree B. said...

OMIGAWD ... you look STEEMY HOT!!!!
Congrats! :)

The Stutzman Family said...

GOOD JOB, DZANA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I soooo proud of you!!!!!! You DO look pretty hot, lady!!!

tlturpen said...

Congratulations, Dzana! That must have been so much work...you should be so proud of yourself.
You look fantastic!!!