Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fingerpainting Fun

We learned about journals and the kids were interested in starting their own. So we started a journaling project. I bought 3 ring binders for each of the kids. Once a week, or more often if they want, they are making an "entry". For Nigel, this is usually a page that he has colored on with some writing from me on what has happened that week. For Mie Mie, it is sometimes a drawing, sometimes a collage, sometimes a photograph with a brief explanation of something she wants to remember.

Before we started doing the actual entries I had each of them make a cover page to slip into the front cover. I thought it would be fun to pull out the finger-paints. It was fun... and it was also more messy than I had really anticipated. Mie Mie's picture turned out pretty good. I was especially impressed with her sun. We taught her how to make orange by mixing the red and yellow. Once she had made the sun with yellow and orange beams, she kind of blended them together. It was better than anything I would have done. She remained very neat, especially compared to Nigel.

Nigel started out with some paint on a plate, but we quickly just put some on the paper. He was too confused with how to get it from the plate to the paper! He started out dragging his fingers through it nicely... then, he just started going crazy with it. The important thing is that he thought it was the best thing ever. He was an absolute mess at the end. In the last picture he is on our counter because I had the delusion that I would be able to clean him off just using the sink. Soon after that, he was moved to the bathtub. He had paint in his hair, all down his arms and legs... it was messy!

....Pictures to be posted after adoption is finalized...sorry....

No comments: