Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween is Near (Old Site)

Another week has come and gone, and October is nearly over. I absolutely love this time of year. The weather has definitely turned - we went from 78 degrees as our high on Tuesday to a 48 degree high on Wednesday, which was a little absurd. We have had nice clear and crisp skies, the moon has been gorgeous, and it smells like autumn. Halloween, Andy’s favorite holiday, is just around the corner which means that my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, will soon be here as well.

Last weekend I surprised Andy with a three day trip to Seattle, (my birthday present to him.) We had a lot of fun, and decided that we need to spend more time exploring the city closest to us rather than looking for those that are further away. That Saturday we saw Spamalot, which is in Seattle for a couple of weeks. It was easily my favorite show that I have ever seen. The fact that I am a big fan of Monty Python probably helps. We spent the entire show laughing so hard that my sides hurt when we left.

This week was insanely busy with work. We really didn’t see much of each other all week long. So, we spent the days looking forward to the weekend when we were planning to attend our friend’s Pumpkin Carving Party. Yesterday we headed down to Carleigh and Joe’s house for pumpkin carving fun. We went to a pumpkin patch... where the corn maze had sadly been destroyed by the windstorm last week... and picked out a couple of pumpkins. We had a lot of fun eating, carving, playing with baby Jacob and their new kitty Tazz. I put a new album, Pumpkin Party, up on my page because I got quite a few cute pictures yesterday!

Oh, we also started a weight-loss challenge in my office two weeks ago. For 13 weeks, ending in January, everyone in the challenge has to pay $1 for any week that their weight does not go down. The person with the highest percentage of weight loss at the end gets to keep the money. So, I started Weight Watchers with a friend two weeks ago because I plan to win the challenge. (It ends on my birthday, which means that I deserve to win, right?) So far, so good.

Andy and I are looking forward to this Halloween, last year was our first year in our new house and we spent the holiday in Arizona with my sister and her family. We had a lot of fun in Arizona, but we are also excited to see what Halloween is all about in our new neighborhood. I hope that you all enjoy your Halloween’s and this autumn season!

No comments: